CERTIFICATION MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
CCDP and CCDP CANDIDACY MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
The CCDP designation is a mark of professional excellence. It symbolizes the practitioner's commitment to ongoing professional development and the continuous advancement of the career development field.
To maintain their designation and title, both CCDP and CCDP Candidates must:
- Maintain continuous Professional Membership with BCCDA
- Complete and document professional activities worth 25 credits per year
- The reporting period starts with an anniversary date of your certification and concludes a day before the certification anniversary date of the following year.
- There is a 30 days grace period, after which the submissions are a subject to $25 late submission fee.
- Ensure that each professional development activity claimed addresses at least one Core Competency and one area of Specialization from the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners
- Supporting Documents: Please retain verification documents for all continuing education activities claimed for one year after submission as they may be required for randomized audits
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES;-
- Sign up to your Membership Portal, click on professional activities section from your menu, either choose the activity from the existing list, or submit a new activity.
- All activities submitted must relate to the function of Career Development Practitioner.
- For each activity, in a short paragraph, please describe how the activity enhanced your practice (What did you learn and how does it apply to your work)
- For each activity, indicate at least one core competency and one area of specialization that it addresses. Please see the list below.
C1 - Professional Behavior
C2 - Interpersonal Competence
C3 - Career Development Knowledge
C4 - Needs Assessment and Referral
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
S1 - Assessment
S2 - Facilitated/Individual Group Learning
S3 - Career Counselling (counselling understood as advising, not clinical counselling)
S4 - Information/Resource Management
S5 - Work Development
S6 - Community Capacity Building
The total of your annual activities must demonstrate all four core competencies to maintain your certification.
The following is list of some recent BCCDA activities with the associated Continued Professional Development credits that you can choose (if relevant) to be credited towards your annual reporting period. If the activity is not included in the list, please click on the button to submit a new one for review and approval.
If you registered for some of our activities (e.g. webinars, workshops, conference) via your member portal, the credits will be submitted to your account automatically after we confirm your attendance. If you don’t see the activity you registered for, you can ad it by clicking on the blue submission button.
ELIGIBLE DIRECT ACTIVITIES
- Volunteered for Career Sector Association (20 credits - Board | 10 credits - Committee |10 - Event/Project Volunteer)
- Attended Career Development related conference (Unlimited credits)
- Delivered workshop, webinar, seminar, lecture| training day, mini forum (10 credits each)
- Participated in workshop, webinar, lecture, seminar, roundtable (Unlimited credits)
- Participated in training day, mini forum (Unlimited credits)
- Participated in BCCDA or other career association networking event (Unlimited credits)
- Participated in Mentorship Program as a Mentor or Mentee (10 credits)
- Completed course related to career development (Unlimited credits)
- Taught career development course or developed curriculum for university, college or other training provider (10 credits)
- Authored career development book, article, blog (25 credits/book, 5 credits/Article/Blog Post [5 max per year])
ELIGIBLE INDIRECT ACTIVITIES
- Read Career Development publications - i.e. books, professional publications, blogs, websites (5 credits)
- Completed BCCDA Survey (0.5 credits)
OTHER RELATED TRAINING (if applicable)
- Please list other relevant training and professional development other than your main education that you plan to use as evidence to meet the education and paid related work experience requirement. Provide the details about the Training Institution or Organization and dates when the training was completed.
Training activities may be done through BCCDA, or through other organizations and training providers. CCDP holders can claim up to a maximum 10 credits for indirect activities such as reading, writing and research.
You must save supporting documents for all professional activities claimed for one year after submission as they may be required for randomized audits. Examples of accepted documentation include, but are not limited to the following: Receipts, Certificates of attendance, Transcripts, Conference agendas, Programs, Course outlines, Notes taken at conferences/workshops, Reading and research notes, Copies or url for published articles, blogs, letters of support and/or reference.
If you let your CCDP certification lapse, the reinstatement fees are as follows:
- CCDP reinstatement administration fee - $100
- Each year of missing CCDP maintenance activities, up to a current year - $50