BRITISH COLUMBIA CAREER DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION (BCCDA) is a non-profit professional association registered under the Society Act in the Province of BC. Incorporated in 2010, BCCDA was formed by the merger of BC Career Management Association (LMI Career Management Association of BC) and ENET Society (Employment, Network, Education and Training Society). As the services and memberships of these two associations converged, their boards and members voted to create a single, stronger, and more dynamic professional association for career and employment professionals in British Columbia. BCCDA is the result.
OUR GOAL is to advance the practice and professionalism of career practitioners in BC and to promote the highest quality of career development service to the public
OUR ACTIVITIES include;
- Govern and manage the Certified Career Development Practitioner professional designation.
- Establish, encourage, and promote competencies and standards for career and employment professionals currently practicing or seeking to practice in BC
- Provide certification for qualified Career Development Professionals
- Provide certification for Agencies involved in providing career development related services
- Provide learning and networking opportunities for professionals working in a Career Development field
- Provide members with various resources and tools to help them enhance their everyday practice
- Organize annual Career Development Conference
Our membership is comprised of professionals across the spectrum of career and employment practices and services in BC. These include professionals in employment, rehabilitation, career advisory, human resource management, settlement, and related fields, who work in a wide range of environments including (but not limited to) government-funded employment programs, non-profit and other community agencies, private career and employment service companies, employers, outplacement and career transitions services, independent/self-employed practitioners, public secondary and post-secondary schools, colleges, universities, and private training colleges.