BC Career Development Association
BC Career Development Association is an established certification body that offers professional credentials for practitioners withing career development sector.
BCCDA is a global leader in supporting professionals working in the Career Development sector in order to ensure competency and the highest standards of service.
Dear BCCDA members,
In monitoring advice from national and regional health authorities, observing precedence set by many public-facing organizations, and considering the health and safety of our career practitioners, guests, and our speakers, the BCCDA Board has decided to formally postpone the 2020 Conference which was originally planned for May 28-29, 2020 until September 30- October 1, 2020.
This action is taken in direct response to the current COVID-19 uncertainties and in line with the BC Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry recommendation to cancel or postpone with any events with more than 250 participants. Once again, the health and safety of our speakers and career practitioners who would be attending the conference are of paramount importance to us.
Depending on how the pandemic plays out, we will consider running the conference in the Fall 2020 period.
On behalf of BCCDA Board of Directors,
What we do
- Govern and manage the Certified Career Development Practitioner professional designation
- Establish, encourage, and promote competencies and standards for career and employment professionals currently practicing or seeking to practice in BC
- Provide certification for qualified Career Development Professionals
- Provide certification for qualified Agencies involved in providing career development related services
- Provide learning and networking opportunities for professionals working in a Career Development field
- Provide members with various resources and tools to help them enhance their everyday practice
- Organize annual Career Development Conference
Subscribe to our newsletter